INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL MANAGER
Academic Software Ltd. is a Belgian company specialised in IT solutions for education and is part of the Signpost Group. We are the market leader in Belgium and are expanding internationally. At the moment we have offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, France and Spain. To support our expansion towards Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Nordic and the Baltic countries we are looking for a Commercial Manager.
We are currently seeking an experienced, professional commercial manager with a passion for adding value and increasing growth by identifying new commercial opportunities and helping shape marketing efforts. Our ideal candidate will be committed to maintaining a constant awareness of trends and market conditions, in order to provide strategic advice to upper management. This role requires someone who is a creative, strategic thinker with excellent organisational abilities. If you are ready to promote and expand our company’s commercial activities and generate revenues in a way that leads to sustainable growth and satisfied clients, we are ready to meet you. You will report to the Managing Director.
What you’ll do…
- Manage our teams of business development managers in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany and the Nordics as well as our agents in other markets. You will coach them on best practices for expanding our footprint in the different markets
- You will look for opportunities to grow a business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities
- You will develop strategic plans to encourage business growth. For that you will conduct market research and use analytics to create action plans that are based on data and statistics, and interpret results against targets
- You will develop relationships with key prospects and clients to establish new contracts or expand the existing ones. You will also develop strong relationships with different departments within their company to ensure everyone is working towards the same targets and goals
- You will analyse sales and other reports that give insight into how a company can make adjustments to improve performance
- You will develop pricing structures and risk assessments for products to work towards commercial efforts. Financial planning and budgeting are important aspects of your job. You oversee bids on new projects and negotiate contract terms
- You will ensure that the organisation complies with contractual obligations as well as state and local regulations
- You will attend networking events and build industry connections in order to facilitate business growth
- You will resolve issues with contracts and commercial operations
- You will oversee the commercial KPI's
Who are we looking for?
With your 10 years of experience, you are considered an expert in our industry. You have a good understanding of the current market in our industry and an eagerness to constantly update this knowledge. You have excellent skills in strategic thinking, negotiation, leadership, management and project management. Strong communication, interpersonal skills and an outspoken ability to work well with others are key.
You have a working knowledge of how to conduct market research and analysis including the creation of detailed business plans. Business growth models have no secrets for you and you have the ability to foresee commercial opportunities. You are willing to take strategic risks and manage new clients and customer relationships. Your excellent relational skills are used to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders. You have a strong working knowledge of metrics to monitor the performance of commercial activities and report results to Senior Management. Your strategic development and critical thinking skills are important to assist in setting financial targets, developing budgets and monitoring compliance.
What’s in it for you?
Signpost is currently writing a strong growth story, both locally as internationally. We’re offering a versatile position with various responsibilities to encourage the further development Signpost.You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team with enthusiastic, hardworking colleagues. In addition to a competitive salary, you can also count on numerous fringe benefits. Apply now